Session 1 (2 October 2013)
- The group has come together at the Cracked Dice to play cards with Captain Erus Hall.
- After a few rounds of losing, Erus begins accusing members of the group of cheating. Things get heated but are interrupted when a grasswalker farmer named Carnish Valin comes bursting into the Cracked Dice and yelling, “They’re d-d-dead! Someone killed them! They’re all dead!”
- Carnish tells Captain Hall and the group that he came upon the wreckage of a pair of wagons and six dead humans on his way to Westwatch. Erus commands the group to accompany him to investigate.
- The group finds the wreckage, but only two bodies. A quick investigation reveals that a carrion crawler has taken the other bodies under the wreckage and is feeding on them. The party makes quick work of the carrion crawler.
- After the battle, the group finds the tracks of the group that attacked the wagons, and they also find evidence that the group has prisoners. Captain Hall – who had injured himself during the battle – returns to Westwatch but tells the party to follow the tracks.
- The group follows the tracks into the woods along the eastern edge of the Westwatch Vale.